Sunday 7 June 2009

Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome to my blog space. My name is Paul Hooper-Keeley and my company is Intervallum Limited - we provide Interim Finance Director Services to industry and commerce across the UK and Europe; you can find us on the web at www.intervallum.co.uk.

By way of my background, I have worked within various finance departments since the early eighties and have been a Finance Director since 1996. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (and was President of the North West Midlands branch from 2003 to 2005), the Institute of Directors' 25th Chartered Director, a Fellow of the Association of Accounting Technicians, and holder of an MBA gained at the Edinburgh Business School via the Heriot Watt University.

I first began providing Interim Finance Director Services in early 2004 and have since been involved in the sale of a support services business, a BIMBO of a telecoms company, the implementation of a new stock control system within the sportswear sector, a circa £150m secondary buy out of a construction business, and other turnaround, restructuring and relocation work with the building services sector.

My work has been a mixture of services provided directly to companies at the request of their Boards, and also via banks and private equity companies (i.e. to focus on their portfolio businesses).

The intention of this blog is not just to give a commentary on what I am currently involved in, but also to express my views on various trends and news items within the economy. This will be augmented by the quarterly article that I have been asked to contribute to the IoD West Midlands magazine, commencing in June 2009.

Please feel free to contact me directly at phk@intervallum.co.uk or on 07958 155705.

No comments:

Post a Comment